Jeffrey L. Deal
• Jeffrey Lyle Deal was born in Hastings, Nebraska February 3, 1985 to Pamela and Timothy Deal. He passed away at the age of 37, on May 25, 2022 in Lincoln, Nebraska.
• Jeff attended Hastings Public Schools and graduated in 2003 with academic honors. He earned the rank of Eagle in the Boy Scouts of America. He was active in Chamber and Madrigal Choirs and played the cello in the Orchestra. He also worked both at RunzaRestaurants and detassled during the summers.
• He then attended the University of Nebraska at Lincoln on a Regents’ Scholarship. In 2007, shortly after graduating from UNL with a degree in computer programming, Jeff married Ananda Fife Griffith and resided in Lincoln, Nebraska. He worked for 15 years as a computer programmer for Software Technologies Incorporated.
• The center of his life was his beloved wife and three sons: Xavier 12, Sasha 9, and Escher 6. Jeff and the boys loved playing video games together, and snuggling for storytime at night. The family enjoyed board games, movie nights, cooking and “big juicy conversations”. Jeffrey helped his wife to homeschool the children and managed the boys’ violin playing. He loved to read & watch sci-fi, fantasy and anime. In his free time he loved to write stories.
• He is survived by wife Ananda, three sons Xavier, Sasha, and Escher, his parents Pamela and Timothy Deal, one sister and brother-in-law, Jennifer and Joseph Pittz and one nephew, Isaac, age 22 months. Also mourning him are his in-laws, aunts, uncles, cousins, friends and coworkers.
• Jeffrey’s Memorial Service will be held at the Unitarian Church of Lincoln, 6300 A Street, Lincoln, Nebraska on Wednesday, June 1, 2022at 2:00 pm. Live stream of the service will be available at https://youtu.be/Jc35jxApBaY .
To leave a condolence please use the form below.
Funeral Home assisting is Aspen Mortuary, 4822 Cleveland Avenue, Lincoln, NE 68504. To view an on-line obituary or email condolences please visit Aspen Mortuary’s website at www.aspenaftercare.com.
Condolences for Jeffrey L. Deal
I was so sorry to hear about the news about Jeff passing. I’ve known Jeff since we were little kids together in Cub Scouts. I have many fond memories of him and his parents and me at Cub Scout events and activities that we were involved in during High School. Although Jeff and I lost touch after high school, I did not and will not ever forget him. He touched the heart of everyone he met in one way or another. He will be greatly missed.
I am truly sorry to hear about Jeff! He was an amazing and smart guy! Shortly after I started to work at STI, Jeff was hired and how lucky we were to have him! He was our OPS guru and if we had questions, we would go to him! Even when I would send him an email about OPS, thinking it was a simple question I would get a LONG email in Jeff terms…ha! I will truly miss those emails! Your family will be in my thoughts and prayers! I am happy that I was able to work with Jeff these past 15 years! He was one special guy!
Tim and Pam, so sorry to hear about Jeff’s passing. We’re thinking of you.
To Jeff’s family,
I was so saddened to see that Jeff had passed. I remember being everything that his obituary had mentioned….a really cool person, loved music and sci fi, super smart and knowing he was going to do great things in life!! He was so sweet and kind while having those big conversations about life. A red head loving buddy to all. He made a difference and I know his parents loved him so much and wanted the best for him. A regents scholar, I knew this! May he be a role model for his children to emulate!!! Sincerely, fourth grade teacher Laura Zabloudil
Dear Pamela and family, I hope it’s never too late to let you know that you have been in my thoughts and prayers. No much too young to leave this world, It sounds like he lived it to the fullest. And what a beautiful legacy he has left behind in his boys. Life will always be difficult without him, but as Christians we can rejoice in the hope of seeing him again. Hugs, Jennifer Clancy